We have created this article and video specifically for executive assistant professionals to perform better in their daily excel tasks.
Format, filter, and sort a table in Excel
Click one of the cells in the table that you want to format.
- On the table – select format as table/ second option on the home section find the format as a table, and the third option if you have other versions of Excel, select the tell me section and search in there format as a table.
- There we can notice that there are three thematic versions Dark, Medium, Light, and multiple color options.
- Click the style to apply it to the table.
- Personally, I prefer to use two different colors for the rows in order to view the information easier, you can notice that automatically they select all the cells in the table and press enter
Include another column:
Click on the empty column where we will add new data let’s say Christmas Bonus and press ENTER notice that excel Formatted the new column based on the style we chose.
I am adding a new formula: based on what we want the Christmas Bonus to be.
Press ENTER and then add the value or how you want to calculate the bonus, and then press again ENTER.
And the formula is applied to all the column cells
Delete or remove the formatting:
- If you want to delete the formatting, you can go to the Design tab and click to convert to the range. Notice that The Filters and Sorting options disappear.
- Now, if you want to delete the color appearance from the table, go to the Home tab and look all the way to the right and click the Clear button and then Clear Formats.
Thanks for watching. If you have other questions, please let us know in the comments below.